Amish Sour Cream Apple Pie
photo by Heartspell
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Beat sour cream and egg together.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in apples.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix the crumb topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Remove pie from oven and spread with crumb topping.
- Bake 20 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 44 more reviews
If I could give more than 5 stars I would! This was out of this WORLD!! Flavor and texture wise it's a cross between a sugar cream and apple pie. I used my Cornmeal Butter Crust recipe (#474253)...yummy! I used 1/2 c of sugar, 1/4 c Splenda for the pie filling and Splenda Brown Sugar in place of regular brown sugar for the crumb topping. DH said he would "sign the dotted line" for this pie!! LOL Ya'll have to try this pie!! Thanks so much Miss Annie for sharing this one!