Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom used to make this pie when I was growing up. I don't know where she got her recipe, but I found it in Taste of Home.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tart apples, chopped & peeled
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add sour cream.
- Stir in sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Gently stir in apples.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of pie.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate.
- Yield: 8 servings.