Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my comfort foods.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mild cheese
- Mix thoroughly 1/2 can of soup, beef, onion, egg, and seasonings.
- Press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 359 for 25 minutes; spoon off fat.
- Frost with potatoes.
- Top with remaining soup and cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes more, or until done.
I thought this was just ok. Very bland. I think it might be better with tomato soup or even ketchup instead of the cream of mushroom soup.
This is actually the same recipe that my sister learned in home-ec when I was little. We make it all the time. I loved it when I was little and now my kids love it just as much! YUMMY!!