Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast, and delicious! This Italian-inspired soup cooks up in a jiffy, and is very filling. Serve with warm, crusty bread and butter.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced fine
- 16 ounces diced cooked ham or 16 ounces turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a 5 quart kettle, mix all ingredients together. Do Not Rinse the beans, and do not drain the vegetables or tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer 30 minutes, or until flavors meld.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
I made this exactly according to the recipe, using a pound of baked ham from my freezer and half a sweet onion. This was wonderfully quick to put together, and allowed me to have it simmering on the stove while I made the rest of dinner. The flavor is not 5 stars, but it is good and filling. DD6 liked it, which is a plus. :) Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
This turned out really good. I was actually a little surprised, I didn't know about the ingredients and how they would work together, but it was great. I did change it a little, I substituted a little vegetable stock for the water and I didn't add any of the salt. Will definitely make again. Made for ZWT4