Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you want to make this with chicken, use breast or boneless thighs. You can use another flavor of soup.
- 4 pork loin chops
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove crushed garlic
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the flour, put in a plastic bag, add pork chops and coat with the flour Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and brown the chops take them out of the pan and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan, then fry onions and garlic for a few minutes, add the mushrooms, celery and fry another minute until you see the mushrooms releasing their juices.
- Now add the soup, stir and add the milk mixing everything well.
- Put a bit of this mixture in an ovenproof dish, then the chops and top with the rest of the soup, sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled over it.
This is to DIE for! I used boneless skinless chicken breast strips and served it over rice cooked in chicken broth. I went to put the cheese on top only to find someone ate most of it, I had enough for only half. So I tried seasoned buttered bread crumbs on the other half placed on the casserole the last 10 minutes. I couldn't decide which half I liked best. This is most definitely going to be served often here! Thanks Annelies for the scrumptious recipe!
This is wonderful, and easy to prepare. I used turkey tenderloins, but remained true to the recipe, and it turned out great! Not a bit left after dinner. I served it with rice(soaks up the juices - yum!) and some frozen sweet corn. A great meal. Thanks - I will be making this again.
Thanks for a Souper-Delicious supper tonight, Pets! : ) I prepared as directed only using a small onion and one clove garlic. The pork was nicely tender and flavorful! I served with buttered noodles and everyone enjoyed their meal so much! Thanks for sharing!!