Seared Lamb Shoulder Chops With Mustard-Dill Pan Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 lamb shoulder, chops
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Season the lamb chops all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put two of the chops in the skillet and cook, flipping once, until deep golden brown and medium-rare, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large plate, cover loosely with foil, and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining two chops.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, stir in the mustard and lemon juice, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the butter, a piece or two at a time, swirling the skillet to melt into the sauce.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the lamb with the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>