Recipe by breezermom
A great standby for a quick lunch! (Or a really quick dinner!) This is an open face sandwich, so you can really pile on the meat and sauce! This is not gourmet fare, but it satisfies the hunger in you when you are in a hurry! My boyfriend in high school won my heart by preparing this for me when we skipped school lunch and he cooked at his house to impress me. You can make this better by using fresh mushrooms and adding some wine....you can almost make it like beef stroganoff and serve it over noodles instead of bread.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
This was such a cheap and easy supper! I had mushrooms to use up, so I threw those in with the mix. I love that I ALWAYS have these ingredients on hand. This will be a nice meal for those times when I don't know what on earth to make and am running low on groceries! Thanks so much for posting, breezermom! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (You can substitute cream of chicken or cream of celery)
- 1⁄2 diced small onion or 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a skillet. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender. Drain grease from skillet.
- Add soup, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream if desired.
- Spread mayonnaise on bread, and top with meat mixture.