Open Face Tomato Basil Sandwiches
I'm really looking forward to trying this recipe soon! From Vegetarian Times and recipe by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 large tomatoes, ripe and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Blend basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic in food processor or blender until well combined. Add yogurt, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Place muffins on baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Spread each half with basil mixture, and top with some tomato slices. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Simply delicious, and healthy-perfect for us! I made this based on Chef#284180's recommendation for the Top Favorites of 2008 Game and am glad I made. I suppose if you wanted to "dude" it up, you could add feta to the basil mixture or top the tomato slice with parmesan or some other cheese, but not necessary for us. Served this for lunch to son and family and enjoyed it just as it is. Thanks Enjolinfam for sharing!Reply
see 7 more