Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so scrumptuous, I can only make it once a year!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine first 8 ingredients and shape into meatballs. Place on baking tray and cook in 375 degree oven 30 minutes or until brown.
- Remove balls, pour off drippings and stir in 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, one package cream cheese and water. Mix until well blended and hot.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over hot noodles.
Very delicious though the sauce was almost too rich; it needs something to brighten it up like a splash of wine or vinegar. we served with egg noodles and a salad on the side.
These were a huge hit with my husband and have become a regular request in my house. The only thing i changed was i used garlic and herb cream cheese. Thank you for a great recipe. Definately a keeper.
This was excellent, once I added some extra spices to the sauce :-) I add onion powder and garlic to the meatballs themselves, and I add about 1/4 tsp of pepper, 2 tsp onion powder (or some fresh chopped onion), 1-2 tsp garlic powder (or freshly minced garlic) and sometimes some white wine to the sauce. I also normally substitute milk for the water. Thanks for a great base recipe.