- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 - 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix very well. (Easiest to mix with clean hands).
- Form by hand into 1 1 1/2 inch balls and place in a baking pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake @ 350 for about 25 minutes or until done.
Join The Conversation
The mixture was a bit liquidy even after chilling all day, but the meatballs turned out fine. I used a 1 1/2" cookie scoop to shape the meatballs and worked well for that purpose. Served with Recipe #428608, tomatoes drizzled with muscatel vinegar and mekti. ~Tasty Dish-approved. Reviewed for ZWT 6.