Recipe by MsPia
Adapted from The Herb Companion.
Top Review by SocialKittyCT
This was just the recipe I needed for some celery in the fridge that was getting "tired." I substituted chicken bouillon and ground ginger and threw everything in the pressure cooker after sauteeing. The soup is aromatic and beautifully yellow, and the taste--I want to eat this all day! I didn't want to change the flavor by adding hot sauce, just a little black pepper on top before serving.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 celery, stalks diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 4 -6 cups water or 4 -6 cups vegetable stock
- hot pepper sauce
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté celery, onion and garlic until vegetables soften and onion becomes translucent. Add spices, mustard and herbs and sauté another minute. Add water or stock; bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 30 minutes. Add peppers before serving.