Recipe by Mille®
Found this in a supermarket advertising flyer
Top Review by Floofies
This dish rates all 5 stars based on so many factors: ease of preparation, use of common ingredients, beautiful presentation, and it's done in a flash. I used a salsa (homemade) in which the main ingredients (chopped tomato, red onion and parsley) were visible which enhanced the beauty of this dish when the packet was opened, unlike some salsas which are more saucy. Plus the freshness made it that much nicer to taste. I didn't bother to thaw the corn out; I just put the frozen kernels on the foil and it worked just fine. NOTE: I used a very spicy salsa as well as put the chili powder in the rice and I found it quite "piquant" (my nose was running!) but still very flavorful. DH thought it was perfect (he likes things hot and spicy), so you may want to experiment with what you know works for you and your family. If you use jarred salsa, you could use mild on some and hotter on others as well as omit the chili powder in the rice for some and add it for others...so versatile! I would have no reservations serving this dish to company, but be sure to have something "cool" for dessert!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup salsa (as mild or hot as you like)
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups instant brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Also need: 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil (12x18-inches each).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or preheat grill to medium-high.
- Center a quarter of the corn on each sheet of aluminum foil, and top with shrimp and salsa.
- Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil.
- Bring up sides of foil and double fold.
- Then double fold ends to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside packet.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR grill 12 to 18 minutes in covered grill.
- Open to allow steam to escape and enjoy.
- Serve with chili rice.
- To prepare rice while packets are cooking, follow package directions, adding bouillon cube to water.
- Stir chili powder into cooked rice.