Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 lbs idaho potatoes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons salt, added to water
- Peel and cut potatoes into small chunks.
- Boil in salted water until you cannot pick up a piece with a fork.
- Drain all the water from the potatoes and place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until creamy smooth.
- Serve hot.
Good basic recipe. I warmed the milk a bit to prevent it from cooling down the potatoes.
The evaporatd milk does make a difference. I cut the recipe back to 1 lb of potatoes the sugar back to 1 tsp. The potatoes were lovely & light Thanks Tim for adding a new touch to the old tradition of mashed potatoes
Tim I thought this was a great potato dish, made this to go with Mirj's Cumin Meatballs. I never used the whole amount of sugar I thought it would be too sweet for my taste, but still turned out excellant.