Sweet Something Bars
- Ready In:
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- chocolate frosting
- vanilla frosting
- 1 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 1 -2 cup crushed pecans or 1 -2 cup walnuts
- Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and peanut butter if using, to butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour.
- Pour into an un-greased 1/2 sheet baking pan (jelly roll/cookie sheet pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (may take less time be sure to check after 15 minutes.).
- Allow bars to cool. Frost with a thin layer of vanilla frosting.
- Allow first layer of frosting to set up. Frost with layer of chocolate.
- Top with crushed pecans or walnuts.
- Bars freeze really well and can be pulled out for a quick dessert. I usually freeze with wax paper between layers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made for KK's Kitchen Forum Chefs Picks Tag Event. I used recipe#342877 for the Vanilla Frosting, and my recipe#172983 for the Chocolate Frosting. I also used Chunky Peanut Butter and then chopped roasted peanuts as the topping. This made up into a very nice and rich cookie bar, that I am certain will sell very nicely at our Holiday Faire Bake Sale this year. Thank You for another fantastic recipe Kitty.