1/2 Photos of Some Like It Hot...vichyssoise...some Like It Cold!
This is simple to prepare and makes a good potato soup. It can be prepared in advance up to the addition of the half and half. Just refrigerate at that point and when ready to serve add the half and half and serve or heat and serve. As the Title says, Some like it hot, some like it cold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 leeks, chopped (white and light green part only and clean well!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2-1 cup cheese, grated, for garnish (optional)
- 1Melt butter in your soup pot.
- 2Saute leeks and onion in butter until they're a light yellow or golden color.
- 3Add broth, potatoes and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- 5Using a blender or food processor run the soup, including all the liquid until it is velvety smooth. You may have to do this in batches.
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 7If serving cold or if you are making it in advance put in fridge until it's ready.
- 8When ready to eat add the half and half and stir. You may need to add more half and half to get the consistency you like.
- 9If eating it hot microwave or put it on the stove to reheat.
- 10Add any garnish and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Some Like It Hot...vichyssoise...some Like It Cold!
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 795.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g