1/3 Photos of Solo Shrimp and Potato Pilaf
Bill Hilbrich's Note:
The texture contrast between the smooth silky rice and the slightly crunchy mouth feel of the potatoes is an interesting experience. The Dill goes well with the potatoes and the Thyme replaces the traditional lemon flavor in giving the shrimp a nice kick. The onion gives this meal for one just a hint of sweetness. But remember Cooking is a Creative Sport.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and butter in an 8 inch frying pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- 2Saute the onion until transparent.
- 3Add the dill, thyme and rice and stir until all the rice grains are covered in the fat and spices.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients, and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- 5Reduce the heat to the minimum setting and cook for 15 minutes.
- 6Do NOT remove the cover.
- 7Take the pan off the heat and let it sit for another 15 minutes.
- 8Serve with a salad or vegetable.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solo Shrimp and Potato Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 366.8 mg
- Sodium 703.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: