Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A single meal for me, but with a couple side dishes, this recipe could be enough for two. Feel free to play with the spices, because Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a frying pan that has a tight fitting lid. When the butter has melted, saute the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and stir until all the grains are covered with the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, heat until the broth starts to simer.
- Cover, and reduce the heat to the lowest setting and leave alone for exactly 15 minutes. DO NOT PEAK.
- After the 15 minutes has passed, turn off the heat and let it sit for an additional 15 minutes. DO NOT PEAK.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork and plate.