Recipe by conniecooks
This is really good. You can double the stuffing recipe and keep in the freezer ready. It is very easy and tastes like you spent a lot of time on it. This is now my favorite fish recipe, I usually make enough for 8 pieces of fish and cook 4, the rest of the stuffing stays in the freezer for another meal. You could also use this for other fish and chicken. Prep time given does not include 2 hours of freezing.
- 4 sole fillets
- 8 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs (room temp)
- 10 ounces spinach (fresh or frozen, if fresh blanch, both need to have all excess moisture squeezed out)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch fresh spinach if using, thaw frozen if using. Squeeze all excess moisture out, and chop if not already chopped.
- Place in bowl.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, garlic till mushrooms are slightly golden, Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add to spinach.
- Mix in rest of ingredients except fish.
- Tear off 8 pieces of plastic wrap about 4" x4".
- Place 2 Tbsp or so on one piece and roll up so that you have a little log about 3 inches long and about 1 inch in diameter. Do this with all the stuffing mixture.
- Place in a single layer in freezer for a couple of hours until frozen.
- Thoroughly thaw fish if frozen.
- Unwrap 1 stuffing portion for each piece of fish.
- Roll up fish around frozen stuffing.
- Place seam side down in baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper & brush with melted butter.
- Bake 20 min at 350°F.
- Place unused portion of stuffing in a ziploc bag in freezer for future use.