Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
This is a delicious Sugar Cookie that I have been making for years. If you roll them a little thick and don't over bake, they are the best and stay moist. Use whatever cookie cutter suits the occasion! Make sure to refrigerate the dough overnight.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & nutmeg.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla & sour cream until well blended.
- Stir in the sifted ingredients.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap & chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shaped with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite cookie icing.
Very good with buttercream frosting on them!! Dough was easy to work with after refrigerating overnite. Thanks for the recipe.
these cookies were incrediable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!