Recipe by wyojess
An extra-chewy recipe that will have everyone wishing theirs turned out as well!
Top Review by Erin R.
Ooh, yummy. I never thought to add vanilla before, but it completes the recipe perfectly. The trick is to take your marshmallows off the heat before they're all the way melted, and just stir the last lumps until smooth. If you overheat your mm's then you'll have hard bars. Learned that the hard way. Thanks for a great new idea on an old favorite.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (generic works fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large pan over medium heat.
- Melt in marshmallows and stir continuously until smooth.
- Add vanilla (be careful it doesn't splash on you).
- Without removing from heat, add cereal. Stir until cereal is completely covered with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into a greased (spray Pam works great) 9x13 pan. Let cool 2 minutes. Press flat with greased hands. Cool completely and cut into squares. Enjoy!