This cookie is BY FAR my family's favorite cookie that always disappears first on the Christmas cookie tray! They are very simple, but kids and adults alike love this chewy, chocolaty cookie. I usually double the recipe, which will use one 12 oz. bag of M&M's. You can make these festive by using holiday M&Ms, which I love to do at Easter and Christmas
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add combined flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Drop by Tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press 2-3 M&Ms onto top of each cookie.
- Bake in 375°F for 10-12 minutes.