Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This cookie is BY FAR my family's favorite cookie that always disappears first on the Christmas cookie tray! They are very simple, but kids and adults alike love this chewy, chocolaty cookie. I usually double the recipe, which will use one 12 oz. bag of M&M's. You can make these festive by using holiday M&Ms, which I love to do at Easter and Christmas
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add combined flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Drop by Tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press 2-3 M&Ms onto top of each cookie.
- Bake in 375°F for 10-12 minutes.
Just as described - soft and chewy! These are the best M&M cookies I've tried. I did as other reviewers suggested and lowered the baking temp to 350. I also used butter because I don't keep shortening on hand. Thanks for the great recipe!
Yummy! Used butter and baked at 350. Cookies were flat since I didn't use shortening so next time I'd add more flour to fix this. Everyone enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This recipe is amazing! I used mint m & m's from Christmas and it was heavenly. I also used softened butter in place of the Crisco. I found that freezing the cookies while on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before cooking helped with the thinning/ spreading of the dough while cooking that others had warned. All in all this is a keeper.