Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the local paper. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 onion, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb flank steak, scored on both sides
- Place onion, peppers, cilantro and garlic in food processor. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Process till almost smooth.
- Spread one cup of puree over the steak, working it into the meat. Marinate 20 minutes or more.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Broil without removing puree until meat is done to your liking (about 7 minutes per side for most people.).