Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The combination of Tofu and Avocado gives this a rich buttery taste. Not for everyone, but I sure enjoy it.
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package soba noodles
- 4 ounces snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small pan, combine ginger, jalepeno, sugar and water to a boil, then reduce to low heat.
- Cook until ginger and chile are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove ginger and chile with a sloted spoon and set aside.
- Reserve syrup as well.
- Whisk together in small bowl the lime juice, soy sauce and 2 tsps of the reserved syrup.
- Add the tofu to this sauce and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to the package instructions, drain, and put into a large bowl.
- Add peas to the noodles and drizzle with oil and 1 tbsp of the reserved syrup.
- Toss to coat the noodles and let cool.
- Just before serving, add cucumbers, chives, tofu and soy mixture to the noodles and toss gently.
- Divide into plates and top with avocado and the rest of the reserved syrup.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.