Broccoli and Soba Noodles
Soba noodles are popular in japan and have a unique nutty flavor that compliment the broccoli in this dish very well. I first tried soba noodles when my roomate made them for dinner and fell in love with them. I hope you will too.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 -6 cups broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 carrot, grated
- bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- and add noodles cook for 10 minutes until al dente.
- When noodles are done drain and rinse with warm water and drain again.
- warm oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat.
- mix together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch, and vinegar.
- Whisk until smooth.
- add garlic and sautee until golden brown.
- add in broccoli, water, and carrots.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender, but still bright green.
- stir in the soy sauce mixture and cook for 3 minutes until liquid thickens and then reduce heat to low.
- add the cooked and rinsed noodles to the veggies and stir to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 15 more