- 1 (8 ounce) package soba noodles, uncooked (buckwheat noodles)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb soft tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nori (roasted seaweed, about 1 sheet)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- While noodles cook, combine soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour into a bowl; cover and place in freezer about 8 minutes.
- Place 3/4 cup noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls; divide tofu evenly among bowls. Ladle 1/2 cup broth into each bowl; sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon nori, 1 tablespoon onions and 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.