Soba are Japanese buckwheat noodles - you can find them at some grocery stores; if not, any Asian food store should have them. (The recipe originally called for ramen, but I just couldn't do that to people). I've also had good luck finding dried shiitake mushrooms at a reasonable price at Asian food stores. Prep time includes the final sitting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml ginger, minced
- 59.14 ml sweet rice wine (mirin)
- 14.79 ml turbinado sugar or 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 44.37 ml peanut butter
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1Combine all dressing ingredients in a small pan and whisk over low heat until smooth.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Trim the asparagus and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 4Cut snow peas into thirds after pulling the strings.
- 5Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes (time it!).
- 6Add the snow peas and cook another 30 seconds, then drain immediately in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool.
- 7Pat the vegetables dry and put into a bowl.
- 8Cut the pepper into 1/4 inch slices and slice the mushrooms thinly.
- 9Toss the pepper and mushrooms with the asparagus, peas, and bean sprouts as well as 3 tbs of dressing, then refrigerate.
- 10Bring a pot of water to a boil, break the soba noodles into halves or thirds, and cook until tender.
- 11Drain and rinse.
- 12Toss the noodles with the vegetable mix and the remaining dressing, then refrigerate for 15 minutes to let the flavors blend and the noodles absorb some of the dressing.
- 13Garnish with peanuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soba Noodle Salad with Ginger-Peanut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1292.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: