Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
Today we are awaiting an ice storm (again) so after grocery shopping I needed to make a quick dinner that was hearty and warm. (just in case we lose power like they are predicting) Delicious and filling according to my DH and DS.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 dozen meatballs (cooked, can be more, mine were 1 in diameter)
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 in. slices
- 1 medium onion (cut into chunks)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tomatoes (cut into 1/8ths)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- In large kettle add all ingredients except parsley, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes til carrots are done but not mushy.
- add in parsley last 2 minutes.
- pepper to taste.
- Served with crusty italian bread Recipe # 175079.
Although this is definitely a hearty soup, & one that would be great on a cold night, we managed to thoroughly enjoy it even with our hot weather! Even made the whole batch so the 2 of us could have leftovers! A great tasting soup from a recipe that I'll be keeping around to make again! Made it with store-bought meatballs this time, but will be using my own another time! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #42]