Five Minute Vegan Pancakes
photo by Sunrabbit
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons natural apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 1/4 cup coconut oil or 1 medium banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup fresh berries (optional) or 1 cup frozen berries (optional)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Add apple cider vinegar to almond milk and set aside to let curdle (this will make your pancakes fluffier).
- Preheat electric griddle to 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add applesauce and vanilla to almond milk/ACV mixture and stir.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until smooth--don't go too crazy, you want these pancakes to be fluffy! If you are using extras, stir them in gently at this point.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup per pancake, pour batter onto your electric griddle or frying pan. Flip when you see bubbles that show the griddle through the middle of the pancake, and cook the other side. These cook quickly, so don't get distracted!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!