Easy Low-Fat Vegan Pancakes
- Ready In:
- Combine the 5 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk and applesauce to your mixture.
- Mix until smooth - do not overmix.
- Let the batter sit breifly while heating pan over medium heat.
- Spoon one pancakes' worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Most low/no fat baked goods come out with a gummy texture for me. I substituted coconut water (no milk) for the soy milk so that it had 0 fat. When hot the texture was slightly gummy, but once they cooled, they were so nice! Very happy with this recipe. I also doubled it, as it doesn't make very much. These store in the fridge for at least a week, that is how long it took for me to use mine up!
Made these when my vegetarian son & DIL were here for breakfast & they & my other half thoroughly enjoyed them (me just a little less so, but then, that's me)! Anyway, they loved 'em & my son even wanted the recipe, so . . . many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]