Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 mins
I like my vegetables crunchy most of the time and this dish fits the bill. It's colorful, fresh and mild, and snowpea sweet. You could double the recipe and use the extra next day in a salad.
- 7 ounces snow peas
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- salt and pepper
- String snowpeas, wash in cold water, drain.
- Cut red bell pepper into slivers, 3/4" long.
- Place snowpeas and butter in microwaveable container with lid; adjust lid to let steam vent and microwave for one minute or until pods are crisp-tender.
- Remove from microwave, add red bell peppers and replace cover tightly; set aside and allow red peppers to warm and snowpeas to finish cooking, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with orange juice and salt and pepper to taste; serve.
As advertised...fresh, mild with a great crunch. Nice color and textural contrast to squash casserole. Thanks.
A good side dish when you want something a little bit different. I may add more OJ next time and maybe a little more butter.