Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
Only 1 WW point.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 3 cups snow peas, rinsed and drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted cashew nuts, finely chopped
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil.
- Add orange peel and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes or until snow peas are bright green and crunchy.
- Sprinkle with cashews and serve.
This is awesome! I adore peas and DH can't stand them...he did try these and wanted to know why I didn't fix more! We will fix again soon I'm sure.
How about sugar snap peas with cashews? It was even better than I hoped it would be. Don't skip the orange peel (I used fresh, grated), it's wonderful with the cashews.
This is a delicious veggie dish - the crispy snow peas and the smooth crunch of of the cashews are a nice contrast! I used olive oil rather than canola. This recipe is from "The New American Plate Cookbook," by the American Institute for Cancer Research and was in the Oregonian newspaper in March of 2005. Note: To toast the cashews, put them in a small skillet over medium-high heat and stir frequently for 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly brown; immediately transfer the nuts to a small dish and cool.