Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Mmmm...just like Mom used to make! A soft, scrumptious, sugary delight! These are perfect for the children on a crisp afternoon after school or for the adults (after the kids are in bed) in front of a nice cozy fire. Ahhhh, the memories!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in your mixer.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Add milk and mix until well combined.
- Put dough in refrigerator to for 15-20 minutes to firm a little.
- Add remaining 1/4 sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl and combine.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1- inch balls and toss in sugar mixture.
- Place on parchment-lined sheets and bake at 375° for about 8-10 minutes.
Delicious cookies and very easy to make too. I added a chocolate wafer on top of each cookie immediately after taking them out of the oven. Yum-yum!!! Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for a great group of 4th grade students who deserve a treat from their library lady.
whoa! these were so good and very easy to make. So SOFT and BUTTERY. I had never made snickerdoodles before...YUMMY. I will save this one for keepers.
I love this recipe, Since I live at 8700 feet there are not alot of cookies that turn out with out alteration to the recipe and these you do not have to. We make these every year at our cousin cookie day. And are gone before anyone goes home. So now we triple the recipe. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!!!