Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and easy paté and a great source of protein, vitamins and unsaturated fats. Try this as an alternative to a smoked salmon starter, or as a filling for sandwiches.
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 3 ounces smoked trout fillets
- 9 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 ounce butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the salmon, trout and cream cheese and cream into a blender.
- Add the butter, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Blend the mixture to a paste.
- Check the seasoning before removing from the blender.
- Put the paté in a dish and allow to set in the fridge.
- Serve with salad leaves and toasted bread.