1/1 Photo of Smothered Pork Chops
Air Force Mama's Note:
I modified this version from my mom's recipe for fried pork chops, I just added the gravy/onion mixture for smothering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- 2Mix together the flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper together.
- 3Dip pork chops in buttermilk and dredge in flour to coat.
- 4Fry pork chops and cook thoroughly and the crust is a golden brown color, drain and set aside.
- 5In a saucepan, sautee the sliced onions in some butter until they are translucent.
- 6Mix the gravy mixture according to its directions and add to the onions. Cook the gravy according to the gravy package instructions.
- 7Serve the pork chops smothered with the gravy and is great with white rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smothered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 1085.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 48.0 g