Recipe by Air Force Mama
I modified this version from my mom's recipe for fried pork chops, I just added the gravy/onion mixture for smothering.
- 5 -6 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packagesof mccormick brown gravy mix
- 1 onion, sliced
- oil (for frying)
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Mix together the flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper together.
- Dip pork chops in buttermilk and dredge in flour to coat.
- Fry pork chops and cook thoroughly and the crust is a golden brown color, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, sautee the sliced onions in some butter until they are translucent.
- Mix the gravy mixture according to its directions and add to the onions. Cook the gravy according to the gravy package instructions.
- Serve the pork chops smothered with the gravy and is great with white rice.