Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for a low carb dinner idea, and I created this yumminess.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 17 g zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella provolone parmesan blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and coat a 9 x 13" pan with olive oil.
- Saute onion until it starts to caramelize then add mushrooms and saute until they start to brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese) and packet of Zesty Italian Dressing mix together until it is well blended.
- Place the chicken breasts in bottom of 9 x 13" pan.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into four even portions and spread on top of each chicken breast.
- Cover contents of the pan with the entire 8 oz bag of fresh spinach (uncooked).
- Evenly distribute the onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the spinach.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with the shredded mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan blend cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and check that internal temperature of largest breast is 170ºF.
- Serve with a nice risotto or rice pilaf.