Recipe by dicentra
This is fabulous! Cheap, easy and very tasty! Serve with crusty bread so you have something to soak up all the juices. Sometimes I add diced onion.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
This made for a pretty good light supper served with toasted fresh bread. I left out the celery (didn't have), added only a generous pinch of salt and used fresh corn. Out of laziness, I just added the uncooked wild rice (but scaled down to 3/4 cup) to the boiling (chicken) broth. Quick to make and was overall okay.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 793.78 g vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml cooked wild rice (or a blend)
- 7.39 ml thyme
- 481.94 g corn (canned or frozen, if using canned, don't drain)
- 2.46 ml liquid smoke
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, melt butter and cook carrot, celery and onion, stirring occasionally, until carrot is lightly caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, bring veggie broth to a boil with the bay leaves and simmer over medium heat.
- Add the rice.
- Cover and keep simmering until vegetables are ready.
- Add the cooked veggies, thyme and corn.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are heated through.
- Stir in liquid smoke.
- Heat through. Discard bay leaves. Serve hot.