These are great kebabs. The curry flavouring is very delicate and there is just a hint of sweetness. Oh...can't wait...These are wonderful grilled on the BBQ and served with steamed jasmin rice and fresh fruit.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons honey, clover,liquid
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh grind
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sweet chopped,2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups small mushrooms, whole
- 1 red pepper, chopped 2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, whole
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, fresh,chopped (garnish) (optional)
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, curry powder, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix marinade well.
- Marinate chicken pieces for several hours or overnite, covered in the fridge.
- Alternate chicken pieces and vegetables on metal skewers.
- (wooden skewers that have been pre-soaked in water for at least 30 minutes, may be used).
- Barbeque the kebabs for 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with cilanto and enjoy.
The marinade for this chicken was really tasty and we liked the flavor combination. My chicken breasts were thin so we grilled them as they were vs. making kebabs. The chicken turned out tender and really flavorful. Served alongside a roasted butternut squash recipe that used some of the same ingredients. This made for a really wonderful dinner tonight. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, January, 2013.
These made for a very tasty dinner- simple marinade with a lovely flavour.
A great recipe for those lazy summer barbecues-thanks BK.
Made for Zaar Stars.
These are great kebabs! Loved the marinade, sweet and tangy and flavorful. I marinated the cut up chicken overnight and it grilled up very moist. I tossed my veggies in a little olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper before adding them to the skewers. Great recipe - thanks for sharing it!