Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me years ago and I make it often. If you desire use a crockpot. Especially good with hot garlic bread for dipping
- 5 -6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 package Little Smokies sausage, cut in half
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 can condesed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Add just enough water to cubed potatoes to cover.
- boil till tender DO NOT DRAIN.
- Saute little smokies that have been cut in half with chopped onion and celery.
- Combine all with cheeze whiz and cream of celery soup.
- Heat slowly till hot.
is easy to put together and reheates and is as good then as first time
I made this just as the recipe directed; easy to prepare, but the overall taste was just okay.
I really like how the Little Smokies lend a nice light smoky flavor to the rest of the soup. I only had maybe 3/4 to 2/3 of a package of Little Smokies left, so that's what I used. I used 16 oz of Velveeta instead of Cheez Whiz, and I may have used fewer potatoes than what it called for, I didn't measure them, and I forgot how many I used, I think 4 baking potatoes, maybe? Instead of using celery, I chopped up some carrots. I believe I also added some frozen corn to it, as well as possibly some chopped onion and green pepper? (I made it a while ago, and I can't remember!) All in all, it is delicious, and easy to add more stuff to it and customize it to your taste. A great way to use up a package of Little Smokies!