Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Each bite of the smokey, chili chipotle marinated steak is a burst of flavour with the lime adding another dimension of festivity in your taco. Absolutely delicious! We have travelled quite a bit around Mexico, as well as taken cooking classes. Mexico is so diverse and the food so regional that every area you travel into allows you to experience different cuisine completely. This steak taco recipe makes us feel like we are right in the heart of it!
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut into 5 inch strips
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- In a ziplock bag: Mix all spices well, then stir in lime juice and vegetable oil. When blended well add steak and give it a good squish to make sure the steak is well coated.
- Marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Prepare guacamole and salsa.
- When ready to grill, cut peppers in half, and remove seeds.
- Grill steak until medium rare, and peppers until they have softened and have good grill marks.
- Let steak rest at least 10 minutes, then thinly slice. Slice the peppers into strips.
- Serve with fresh, warmed tortillas, guacamole and fresh pico de gallo, or Salsa Mexicana.