Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
An old one from Southern Living. My dad loves sausages with mustard so am planning on trying this one out on him soon.
Top Review by RECIPE ADDICT
I made these with hot dog size smoked sausages because I had some in the freezer that I wanted to use. I cut them up in bite size piecea. I think I cooked the sauce too long because it got pretty thick, my husband liked it that way though. I will be making this again, Thanks!
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 (5 ounce) packages cocktail smoked sausage links, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 3/4 cup half-and-half to a small saucepan; place over low heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
- In a bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients with the remaining half-and-half, stir to mix well.
- Gradually add heated half-and-half, and mix well.
- Return mixture to saucepan; cook on low, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and gradually stir in vinegar.
- Serve with sausages (I have guessed at the amount of sausages needed; the original recipe did not specify).