Recipe by MsSally
Got this from Food Lion web site. Looks very good.
Top Review by florenceuy
I've not made a cassoulet before, and I understand it's meant to stew for a bit longer, but I found this recipe to ex extremely easy, quick, but delicious! It was especially yummy with the diced apples. I used chicken apple sausage and added a bit more S&P (to taste).
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 apple (peeled and chopped)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 10 ounces frozen baby lima beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 15 ounces great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons, cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy skillet, sauté thinly sliced onion and crushed garlic in oil over medium-high heat; stir in cored and chopped apple, rosemary, sage, tomatoes, northern beans, thawed lima beans, broth and tomato paste; stir to blend well.
- Add sausage; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat; simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Serve topped with croutons and chopped parsley.