Recipe by Stacky5
This is one of my favorites, and even the ex-DH loves it! I got this recipe from the back of a Del Monte veggie can! It's been a keeper in my family, and truly tastes good--especially if you like smoked sausage! YUM!
Top Review by Teresa R.
I have made this numerous times..always good! I have also fried bacon with the sausage...then put in the slower cooker with flavored diced tomatoes with spainish rice and <br/>all the other goodies then go play for the day.
- 453.59 g smoked sausage (I always use Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage)
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml oil
- 411.06 g candel monte diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 822.13 g candel monte cut green beans with new potatoes, drained
- 4.92-9.85 ml hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 354.88 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Cook sausage and onion in oil in skillet until onion is tender, turning sausage once to brown on both sides.
- Add undrained tomatoes.
- Cook over medium-high heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in green beans and potatoes and heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in hot pepper sauce (I use Frank's).
- Sprinkle with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice with additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.