Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A complete light meal (great for brunch!) from "The Farmstead Egg Cookbook" by Terry Golson. It's a simple dish to prepare with a lovely presentation.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
For the assembled dish
- 4 slices toast
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 12 asparagus spears, steamed
- 4 large poached eggs
- chopped fresh dill (to garnish)
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Assemble this recipe on individual dinner plates. Put a piece of toast on each plate. Arrange the salmon and asparagus on each piece of toast. Top with the egg. Drizzle the dressing over the egg and asparagus. Garnish with dill.
Make sure you have a little of everything in every bite full or you will miss the total experience. I first had misgivings about the sauce but when I tasted it all doubt flew out the window. It is five stars plus. Made for New Kids on the Block and as my special birthday breakfast.