Poached Eggs & Avocado Toasts
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or juice of 1 lime)
- 4 slices thick bread
- 1 cup cheese (grated, edam, gruyere or whatever you have on hand)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter (for spreading on toast)
- Poach eggs using your favourite method.
- Meanwhile cut the avocados in half and remove the stones.
- Using a spoon scoop out the flesh into a bowl and add the lemon or lime juice and the salt & pepper.
- Mash roughly using a fork.
- Toast the bread and spread with butter.
- Spread the avocado mix onto each slice of buttered toast and top each with a poached egg.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and serve immediately.
- These are also nice with either fresh or grilled tomato halves on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation