Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ths is my favourite sushi! I first had it in Rockhampton a couple of years ago while on vacation, and love to make it at home now!
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 sheets nori
- 1⁄3 cup smoked salmon
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- Combine the cream cheese and red onion.
- The nori on a bamboo mat, shiny side down.
- Spread 1 Cup of rice on the nori.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture along the edge of the rice, and top with half of the smoked salmon.
- Using the bamboo mat, roll the nori, forming a log.
- Moisten the edge of the nori with water to seal.
- Cut in half to form 2 single serve rolls, or cut into 6 finger food slices.
- Serve with wasabi and soy sauce.
Yum! All the flavours were great together and the cream cheese gave a wonderful creaminess to the rice.
Tried this along with the other sushi rolls I made last night. Very taste. Chop onions very fine and allow the flavors to blend with the cream cheese about 1/2 hour before rolling.
Of the seven types of sushi we made last night, this was by far the best. I loved the smoked salmon with the cream cheese and onion....went great in the rice. It also looked pretty with the bright red salmon. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious sushi recipe that I will continue to make as I LOVED it.