Rice Free Hand Roll Smoked Salmon Sushi
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 1 sheet nori, cut in half widthwise (8-10 inches)
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, julienne cut
- 1⁄2 large carrot, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1⁄3 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 2 ounces smoked salmon (I used canned)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 dash wasabi powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Lay the nori on a flat surface. Spread each piece thinly with the mayonaise.
- Mix the rice vinegar with the smoked salmon and add a dash of wasabi if you choose. Spread or lay the salmon at one end of the nori, in a diagonal fashion.
- Layer your vegetables on the salmon, ending with the sprouts. Make it pretty!
- Begin the roll by folding one corner of nori over the filling. Then take the long side of the nori and roll it over the fold and around until the roll resembles a "cone.".
- Enjoy with soy sauce or a dipping sauce of your choice!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/kitchen 1-12-08 035 tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/WILD NOV 1 2007 018 resized tiny.jpg"> Me in my kitchen, and at the Wild game. I am a photographer, portrait and fine art, and I am a yoga instructor. Besides cooking, I enjoy fitness and yoga, reading, organizing, gardening, puzzles, family, and HOCKEY. GO WILD!!!! I love to cook for my large husband...he is a natural powerbuilder and has a lot of muscle to feed. People ask how he got so "huge" and he has to answer, my cooking of course! We both work out a lot, so we eat a lot of healthy food...I cook a LOT! The recipes I post and save to my cookbooks are usually healthy and lower calorie, or can be adapted to be so. <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Garlic tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Press It tiny.jpg"> Garlic is the best! <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 210 EDIT GRIT BORDER tiny.jpg"> <img src="http://www.offthecuffphotography.info/Personal/Kitchen Series Jan 2008 192 HARD LIGHT ILL GRIT BORDER2 tiny.jpg"> Yummy veggies!