- Ready In:
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 cups seasoned rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon powdered beets
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon blue spirulina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green tea powder (matcha)
- 4 nori, seaweed sheets
- 1 red bell pepper (cut lengthwise into strips)
- 1 avocado (cut lengthwise into strips)
- 1 carrot (cut lengthwise into strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (cut lengthwise into strips)
- After cooking sushi rice, mix in seasoned rice vinegar.
- Divide the rice evenly into 5 separate bowls.
- For red rice, mix 1/2 teaspoon of beet powder.
- For yellow, mix 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Forr blue, mix 1/2 teaspoon of blue spirulina.
- For green, mix 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder.
- For orange, mix 1/4 teaspoon of beet and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Place seaweed/nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat.
- Spread a thin layer of each color a la rainbow.
- Lay down about 3 sliced red bell pepper strips, 3 avocado strips, 3 carrot strips, and 3 strips of orange bell pepper strips in the middle of the mat; make sure to leave some room in the front of back area.
- Roll evenly and snug.
- Unfurl the sushi mat.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!