Recipe by PanNan
This summer I brought home some smoked salmon from our cruise to Alaska as well as the cookbook "Cooking Alaska's Wild Salmon" by Kathy Doogan. I made this recipe from the cookbook using the smoked salmon. It was really delicious. The times noted do not include chill time before serving. (Note, the recipe is slightly adapted to suit our tastes.)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (corkscrew)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted briefly
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the olive oil, mayonnaise, mustard, balsamic, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and cool the pasta by running cool water over it. Drain it again when cooled.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, capers, Parmesan, salmon and pine nuts. Pour the dressing over all and toss gently until well combined. Chill thoroughly before serving.