Recipe by Bob Regent
This low fat creamy fettuccine dish is simple and easy to prepare. I use home smoked salmon, but any kippered style salmon works great.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
I've made this twice now. The first time I used a thin capellini which didn't really suit the somewhat thick sauce and tonight I used fettucine, as per the recipe, which worked well. Both times I added 3/4 to 1 tsp of hot chilli flakes along with plenty of freshly ground black pepper which gave the sauce a nice kick. I topped the pasta with additional grated parmesan. Quick, easy, tasty and low fat!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 lb fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic in margarine for 1 minute--do not let it brown.
- Add flour and incorporate completely.
- Add skim milk a little at a time and mix until flour has dissolved.
- Cook on medium heat stirring continuously for 8 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and mix until incorporated.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and salmon.
- Cook fettuccine according to directions and drain.
- Combine sauce with fettuccine and serve immediately.