Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
My hubby hates capers so I usually omit them, however I believe their spicy citrusy flavor adds alot of zest.
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprebaked thin crust italian pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese with chives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (lox or brine-soaked salmon can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons chopped finely red onions
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Heat oven to 425F degrees.
- Place pizza crust on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mustard and honey; mix until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooked crust, arrange salmon over top, sprinkle with onion, caper, and dill.
- Cut into wedges; serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Absolutely fantastic. Loved the mustard and the capers together...perfect little 'tang' to compliment the smoothness of the cream cheese. My only problem is that I am so ready to eat it, I hate waiting for the pizza crust to crisp (even though it only takes minutes)!!
This is great at parties, everyone wants the recipe. I cut the pieces of the crust first them put them together individually. I find this easier then putting the pizza together then it falls apart when cutting it up.
Yummy! If you are a smoked salmon lover - this one is for you. I did use more of the cream cheese topping than called for to cover the crust and added some finely chopped boiled egg on top. This would be a wonderful dish for a brunch!